Skip to main content
- Fill out the online application (take a look at our application PDF ahead of time), including a personal statement.
- Send copies of all transcripts to APTLII. Scanned or unofficial copies by email are accepted.
- Arrange for 2 referees (including one language instructor) to send letters of recommendation directly to APTLII. Please have your language reference fill out this form in addition to a written statement.
- Pay the application fee (waived through 2018, $25 beginning January 15).
- (Optional) Apply for financial aid and scholarships/fellowships at your home institution for use at APTLII.
- Within 3 weeks of receiving your admission letter, make a non-refundable $250 room & board deposit to APTLII confirming that you will attend.
- Apply to become a UW-Madison student by completing the Special Student web application for the Summer 2018 term. Select Nondegree/Special as your reason for applying and UNPS as your “Applying as” option, listing our summer program for your academic plans. When you are admitted and receive your UW-Madison Student ID number, forward it to the APTLII office for authorization to enroll in summer classes. (If you are a current UW-Madison student send your ID number to the APTLII office and skip the next step.)
- Using your student ID number, activate your NetID and password. This will give you access to the University’s online systems for enrollment, tuition & financial account, email, etc. Your UW-Madison email address is the official means of communication for University business – make sure you check it regularly or forward to another address.
- Follow the instructions you receive from APTLII to enroll in your language class online at MyUW.Verify your enrollment by viewing your class schedule. Enroll before arriving in Madison to make sure you avoid the late enrollment fee.
- After you have enrolled for classes, the Bursar’s Office will send you an email about your electronic tuition bill for $5,000. Your student financial account, along with payment instructions, can be accessed through MyUW in the Student Center. Pay attention to the tuition deadline to avoid a $100 late fee. If someone will be sponsoring you to attend APTLII (i.e., an external fellowship), contact us as soon as possible for information on setting up a third-party payment.
- Separately, pay the remainder of your room & board fee via credit card on the APTLII website, or pay by check at the APTLII office.